At a glance
Date Posted: 28/01/2020
Expiry Date: 28/02/2020
Wage: £22,000-24,000 (per annum)
Working week/hours: 37.5
- Experience of delivering Functional Skills Maths/English Level 2
- Level 3 Training qualification ie Certificate in Education and Training.
- IT competent holding appropriate qualification in IT
- Qualification in Adult Numeracy/Literacy Level 2
- Good level of education – 5 x GCSE’s Grades A-C / 9-4 or equivalent.
- Training Provider Experience preferred
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with a broad range of people.
- Empathy with needs of client group
- Ability to work systematically and prioritise workload
- Demonstrate achievement of targets and working to deadlines
- Able to respond quickly to change
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Able to respond flexibly to the demands of the role.
- Be open to Personal Development and willing to undertake further training
- Fully committed to the development of individuals/businesses.
- Be comfortable with stand up delivery with the aptitude and ability to delivery creative training using a variety of innovative methods fully utilising technology available.
- Fully committed to financial probity.
- Outgoing, friendly and confident character, with good perception and motivation
To successfully deliver our Traineeship provision in Scarborough via the delivery of Functional Skills (Maths/English) and the co-ordination of work experience in order to unlock the potential of young people and prepare them for their future careers by helping them to become “work ready”. There will also be the requirement to deliver Functional Skills to learners on other provisions as required.
- Deliver training and assessment to enable learners on our Traineeship provision (Pre-Apprenticeship), to achieve appropriate qualifications in Functional Skills (Maths / English) Entry Level to Level 2 to enable learner progression.
- Delivery of Functional Skills Maths and English to AEB/SP learners as required.
- Minimum learner achievement rate of 75% to be attained together and 75% Positive Outcome Target.
- Supported by Regional Business Advisor, to secure suitable work experience placements for learners.
- Initial learner assessment and diagnostics to inform individual learning plans.
- Deliver developmental feedback to allow learners to progress and achieve.
- Maintain all records in line with YH procedures together with Awarding Body and Funding Agency requirements.
- Producing and utilising innovative learning material that raise motivation and self esteem ensuring learners achieve.
- Maintain a minimum group size of 10 learners together with a minimum attendance rate of 90%.
- Liaising and building good relationships with other external agencies in conjunction with Manager, actively promoting the provision.
- Attendance at external meetings and events as required.
- Any other duties as relevant to the post.
Name: Leanne Eddon
Phone number: 01723 371481