At a glance
Date Posted: 23/11/2020
Expiry Date: 21/02/2021
Vacancy reference: 1674768
Wage: £10,400 (per annum)
Location: YO15 9UW
Apprenticeship Type/Name: Accountancy Apprenticeship
Working week/hours: Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm Total hours per week: 37.5
Apprenticeship duration: 15 - 24 Months Maximum with future full time position available for the right candidate.
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate (Level 2) or Advanced (Level 3)
- This employer requires candidates who currently hold an A*-C GCSE (4-9) or equivalent in maths and English.
- Familiarity with Microsoft packages; primarily Word and Excel.
- Numerate, articulate and confident.
- Candidates should note that we are a firm of insolvency practitioners and do no bookkeeping, accounts preparation or tax work directly for clients. We do , however, elements of these tasks within our day-to-day running of our caseload.
- Therefore, a solid understanding of accounting principles is required in a career that straddles law and accountancy.
- Must be seeking a role within a busy and varied environment.
The successful candidate will underrtake an intermediate and advanced level apprenticeship in Accountacy and will undertake classes by day release from your place of work.
The role is to support the senior team, whilst learning from them “on the job”. Trainee administrators can expect to be client facing, once confident and capable enough to do so. We work under pressure and to strict deadlines in law. A trainee insolvency administrator may report to one of the team managers, directly to the licensed officeholder responsible, or work under supervision on their own portfolio of cases.
The role of a trainee insolvency administrator is challenging, but rewarding in a lively, stimulating and busy environment.
The team is not aligned to specific sectors and specialisms, however there are individuals with significant experience in certain areas. Our trainee administrators should expect to work across all sectors as situations and clients demand.
We also advise individuals who are in financial crisis personally.
The following is a non-exhaustive summary of what you can expect your role to entail:
- Supporting the senior team on a portfolio of cases from engagement to closure;
- Working alongside case managers and licensed officeholders to progress and provide support on larger insolvency engagements;
- Producing minutes, file notes, emails and schedules;
- Maintaining the case management software by way of data entry;
- Completing statutory forms for submission to Companies House, the Gazettes and Court;
- Supporting the cashier with maintaining client cashbooks, preparing receipts and payments accounts and annual financial statements;
- Preparing returns for HM Revenue & Customs and payroll information for the Redundancy Payments Office;
- Attending to any other administrative task required by the role, including sending post and answering incoming calls when available.
- Developing good time management and organisational skills together with the ability to prioritise tasks to ensure that deadlines are met; and
- Participating with occasional marketing events to aid development of external contacts;
- Recording time accurately so that the practice can operate profitably.
Name: Sian, Carey or Jamie
Phone number: 01723 364848