At a glance
Date Posted: 02/10/2019
Expiry Date: 30/11/2019
Vacancy reference: 1575498
Wage: £9,360.00 (per annum)
Location: Huddersfield, HD3
Apprenticeship Type/Name: IT Infrastructure Technician
Working week/hours: Mon-Fri 9:00am - 5:30pm Total hours per week: 40.00
Apprenticeship duration: 15 - 24 Months Maximum with future full time position available for the right candidate.
Apprenticeship level: Advanced (Level 3)
- None required
- Good written skills and telephone manner
- Good IT skills
- Good general IT literacy
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good written language skills
- Logical approach
- Punctual, reliable, honest and trustworthy
- Able to engage in work without persistent guidance
- Self motivated
- Above all, you enjoy learning about technology as we are always trying to keep ahead of the curve by learning about new technology
- We assume no prior knowledge or experience, we are looking for someone who is willing to learn
- Certain of their choice of apprenticeship
- The successful candidate will work towards the Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills training up to Level 2 maths and English (if Required)
Things to consider
- Company bonus scheme
- 20 days holiday + Bank holidays (increasing up to 23 days per year served)
- We offer fully funded training courses to help you develop, learn and gain accreditations
- A modern, stylish work place in a converted Yorkshire mill
- A great working atmosphere
- You will not be micro-managed or expected to meet unrealistic deadlines
- As much free coffee, tea, cordial as you can drink
- We reward performance rather than time served - if you do well here you will find plenty of opportunity to progress your career
- Company pension scheme with matched contributions
- Regular company social activities
Working as part of our technical support team, you will be primarily responsible for dealing with first-line technical support emails and telephone calls from our customers. These will range from product information queries to diagnosing and fixing problems.
Do you enjoy working with cutting edge technology?
Are you a natural problem solver who enjoys figuring out how things work?
Are you looking for a job that lets you do both?
If so, we’d like to hear from you.
- Answering inbound technical support queries by email and telephone
- Testing new products and services, figuring things out, solving problems
- Manual Hardware set-ups and configuration
- Ensuring our customers receive a good service and are getting their questions answered in a timely fashion
- Prioritising your workload and managing your time
- Assisting other departments of the business such as RMA & Warehouse.
What we offer
We're a small, friendly team who are passionate about the work we do. We pride ourselves as being leaders in our field and strive to provide the very best service we can. We know that our team is one of our core strengths, therefore we look to develop our staff and their careers wherever we can and offer a comfortable, fun environment.
After six months of employment you will enter the company bonus scheme which pays a quarterly bonus based on the performance of both the company and yourself.
Name: Jordan Tynan
Phone number: 01484 515156