At a glance
Date Posted: 12/02/2020
Expiry Date: 31/03/2020
Vacancy reference: Hu01482
Wage: £12,429.04 - 15,565.16 (per annum)
Apprenticeship Type/Name: Customer Service Practitioner
Working week/hours: 5 days over 7, 37 hours per week with 30 minutes for lunch. 7.5 hours per day (between the hours of 7.00 -21.00)
Apprenticeship duration: 15 Months Maximum with future full time position available for the right candidate.
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate (Level 2)
- A*-C GCSE Grade (4-9) or equivalent in Maths & English
- The candidate has to be able to integrate socially and work both within a team and on their own initiative.
- Good communication and numeracy skills are required as the candidate will be required to work on the tills and communicate with customers, colleagues and delivery people during their working shift.
- The ideal candidate will need to be smart in appearance, organised and conscientious and have a passion for Retail.
- The candidate will possess enthusiasm and energy in abundance and have a positive can do attitude.
- The above qualities along with the willingness to learn could lead to progression to a level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor apprenticeship within our Retail Shop on successful completion of the level 2 award.
- The candidate must be 18 years+ due to legislative requirements in serving alcohol
Level 2 apprenticeship in Customer Service which includes:
- Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- You will be required to attend structured session at our learning centre each month.
To provide an outstanding level of service to our customers at all times by ensuring suitable levels of stock are available and suitably merchandised, and that the interaction in customer care with our customers during their visit is of an exceptional standard.
To work and become competent in all areas of the Retail shop and in store Bakery operation.
- To work within the Retail shop operation delivering exceptional customer service at all times.
- To work within the in store bakery preparing hot and cold bakery products for display within the Retail shop area.
- To deal with customer complaints and queries in a professional and competent manner.
- To ensure all store merchandising standards are of the highest level and that the store is suitably replenished prior to the end of your working shift.
- To be responsible for accepting deliveries and moving deliveries into stock areas.
- To follow stock rotational procedures when putting stock into stock room areas and when carrying out store replenishment.
- To gain a comprehensive knowledge of all products that are sold within the store.
- To keep up to date with current promotions ensuring that at every opportunity you are promoting these to our customers.
- To operate the cashier assisted and self-service till areas ensuring that all functions are completed as per the store standards, reporting any till discrepancies, large void or refund transactions to the Commercial Operations Manager or his/her deputy.
- To operate specific functions of the Pico link scanning gun as required.
- To ensure that you are operating to all statutory laws and store procedures in regards to age related products.
- To follow Food safety and Health & Safety procedures at all times.
- To complete all opening and closing checklists ensuring that these checks are documented as per the store standards.
- To follow cleaning routines ensuring that all checklists are completed for work done.
- To complete all Due Diligence checks and records as per the store standards.
- To attend compulsory training days and complete all on line training programmes as required.
- Carry out any other reasonable instruction asked by the Retail Management team.
Name: Sophie Ness
Phone number: 01482 222142