At a glance
Date Posted: 25/09/2019
Expiry Date: 30/11/2019
Vacancy reference: 1578033
Wage: £12,027.60 (per annum)
Apprenticeship Type/Name: Hospitality Team Member
Working week/hours: 30 hour plus week with flexible shifts on a rota basis with half an hour lunch break (Days and times to be confirmed) Total hours per week: 30.00
Apprenticeship duration: 15 Months Maximum with future full time position available for the right candidate.
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate (Level 2)
- Ideally GCSE English and maths A-C or levels 4-9 (or the equivalent).
- As part of the Apprenticeship we will train learners up to functional skills level 2 if they do not possess English and maths grades A-C or levels 4-9.
- Team worker
- Able to work on your own initiative
- Good communication skills at all levels
- Good practice of Customer Service
- Passionate in wanting a career in hospitality
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Outgoing personality
The successful applicant will undertake:
- Portfolio of learning
- A professional discussion with an external examiner on knowledge, skills and behaviour
- Personal Learning and Thinking skills
- Employee Responsibilities and Rights
- Functional Skills at Level 2 in maths, English and I.T. (if required)
If you are wanting a career in hospitality at a prestigious hotel in York with first class training, then this is the job for you. You will be working within the 'Service that sells' culture to deliver an excellent customer experience. You will work with a fantastic hospitality team, ensuring that the high standards of the hotel are maintained.
Focused on Action.
- Always be prepared and ready to create a welcoming and positive impression for guests on a consistent basis in line with company standards
- Enhance guest satisfaction by positive and proactive engagement at every opportunity
- Prepare all service areas and undertake general waiting and service duties in a timely and professional manner
- Proactively seeking and accepting guest feedback, taking ownership of the necessary actions or escalating to a Manager where necessary
- Effectively handle customer issues or concerns referring to an appropriate Manager where necessary
- Ensuring all guests are billed accurately and accounts settled fully by appropriate payment method
- Report any equipment malfunction, hazards, accidents or maintenance concerns to an appropriate Manager
- Rotate stock in store rooms, fridges etc.
- Respect and recognise the contribution made by others to the department, seek to support them to ensure all duties are completed by the end of the shift
- Communicate openly and work with all colleagues across the hotel to promote a culture of openness, honesty, trust and team work
- Actively participate in job chats and performance reviews and work towards agreed objectives within set time frames
- Actively participate in discussing, agreeing and working towards a bespoke individual development plan
- Attend shift as per the rota and be ready to commence work within the department at the allotted start time
Name: Jamie Greening / Avril Deighton
Phone number: 01904 666713