At a glance
Date Posted: 07/01/2020
Expiry Date: 31/01/2020
Vacancy reference: Princes Trust Support Assistant
Wage: £17,100.00 pa pro rata (per annum)
Working week/hours: 30 hours per week (Mon-Fri: 9am- 3pm)
- Driving Licence (willing to drive a mini bus as required)
- Experience of working with young people
- IT competent ideally with appropriate qualification
- Satisfactory DBS check required
- GCSE(or equivalent) Grade A-C Maths/English
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with a broad range of people.
- Empathy with needs of client group
- Promote the inclusion, self-esteem, independence and acceptance of all learners.
- Ability to work systematically and prioritise workload
- Able to respond quickly to change
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the learning centre
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals.
- Maintenance of confidentiality at all times
- Able to respond flexibly to the demands of the role.
- Be open to Personal Development and willing to undertake training as required
- Fully committed to the development of individuals/businesses.
- Outgoing, friendly and confident character, with good perception and motivation
To provide support to the Princes Trust Team Leader in order that the required number of Teams (3 per year) are undertaken, providing assistance to the TL to deliver the structured 12 week provision as outlined in the Team Toolkit.
- Support the Team Leader to enable Princes Trust participants to achieve the Prince’s Trust Qualification (Certificate/Award in Employment, Teamwork & Community Skills) by ensuring appropriate evidence is generated and assessing learners’ work.
- Support with the recruitment of range of young people, including those who may be vulnerable or who find themselves in challenging circumstances, across target group to achieve appropriate Team mix.
- Support with the production of Team Reports after each programme and ensure actions to improve the quality of the programme are followed up and completed in good time
- Assist with the maintenance of accurate and up-to-date records, paper and electronic, as required by The Trust or external funding contracts and in line with The Trust’s data protection policy.
- Compliance with the Delivery Partner’s and The Trust’s policies for working with young people, Recruiting Safely, Safeguarding and Health and Safety and any other operational procedures for direct delivery.
- Support with the implement action plans to address issues identified in the Team Review, Annual Quality Review and other Quality Assurance processes as outlined in the Toolkit.
- Provide feedback to learners in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the Princes Trust Team Leader.
- Carry out other Team-related duties as may reasonably be required by the Delivery Partner or The Trust, including deputising as appropriate on activities relevant to area of responsibility.
- Prepare resources and set up classroom prior to learning sessions
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment, in accordance with lesson plans and assist with the display of learners work.
- Use strategies, in liaison with the Tutor, to support learners to achieve learning goals.
- Assist with the planning of learning activities and participate in training and learning activities as required.
- Establish constructive relationships with learners and interact with them according to individual needs, encourage learners to interact with others and engage in activities led by the Tutor.
- Promote good learner behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with YH policies and encourage learners to take responsibility for their own behaviour.
- Liaising with and building up good relationships with external agencies.
- Accompany teaching staff and learners on visits, trips and out of Centre activities as required
- Attend a week long residential (Princes Trust Provision) 3 times per year.
- Any other duties as relevant to the post.
Name: Leanne Eddon
Phone number: 01723 371481