At a glance
Date Posted: 16/04/2021
Expiry Date: 10/09/2021
Vacancy reference: 1701274
Wage: £13,650.00 (per annum)
Apprenticeship Type/Name: Business Administrator
Working week/hours: Monday - Friday, 8am - 4pm with 30 mins for lunch Total hours per week: 37.50
Apprenticeship duration: 15 Months Minimum with future full time position available for the right candidate.
Apprenticeship level: Advanced (Level 3)
- GCSE Grades 4-9 in maths and English are required for this role.
- GOOD IT SKILLS, PROFICIENT IN MICROSOFT OFFICE PACKAGES
- GOOD COMMUNICATOR & PROFESSIONAL TELEPHONE MANNER
- EXCELLENT TIME KEEPER/ATTENDANCE
- SMART APPEARANCE, HONEST, MUST BE ABLE TO ADHERE TO CONFIDENTIALITY
- ABILITY TO GET ALONG WITH COLLEAGUES
- USE OWN INITIATIVE WHEN NEEDED
- ABILITY TO FOLLOW DIRECT INSTRUCTION
- WILLINGNESS TO CONTINUE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- GOOD NATURED WITH A GOOD SENSE OF HUMOUR
- OUTGOING PERSONALITY
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
To support the administration of all patient data work effectively and efficiently according to practice policy.
- To support clinical groups in correctly identifying and targeting patients for assessment and treatment using searches/reports to ensure quality and efficiency is maintained
- Continual review of Practice systems to ensure optimal delivery of patient services
- Keep informed of any matters arising as necessary, or as requested by other members of the health care team
- Escalate any day to day issues appropriately
- Be responsible for own personal development to ensure you are kept up to date with the most relevant processes and procedures within your area of expertise
- Be flexible and work across multi sites in line with the business needs
- Provide accurate administration skills to the team
- Send review/recall/screening (bowel/Breast/Cytology/AAA/CDM) patient letters and update recall process.
- Review QOF and enhanced services, highlighting issues to clinical/operation staff
- Update open Exeter weekly, eg donor register, cytology, child immunisations.
- Review childhood immunisation, highlighting issues to clinical staff
- Keep Links up to date, process Quarter End and Liaise with HA regarding any queries
- Audit searches, including CQC, DNA’s.
- Recording Emergency Admissions/Deaths/Births
- Process GP2GP in line with Practice Policy
- Process insurance/medical reports, process payments and answer any queries
- Postmaster check and necessary franking
- Process Registrations (Temp registration) in line with policy, including Online Services and request urgent notes, process Sharing Consent and Summary Care Record
- Maintain S1 clinical system and keep abreast with current changes to the system
- Prepare Safeguarding reports, arrange and attend meetings, update spreadsheets/registers and liaise with GP’s, HV’s, School nurse etc. Ensuring all reports are completed in a timely manner.
Name: Jamie Greening or Carey Bilton
Phone number: 01723 364848