At a glance
Date Posted: 10/01/2018
Expiry Date: 31/01/2018
Vacancy reference: VACMPCHULL
Weekly wage: £22,000 per annum + bonus
Location: Army Reserve Centre, Middleton Barracks, Calvert Lane, Hull, HU4 6BN
Apprenticeship Type/Name: Military Preparation Course Hull
Working week/hours: 37.5
- Military background Essential with a PT focus.
- Qualification in Adult Numeracy/Literacy desirable
- Learning Development Level 3 / A1 or equivalent desirable
- Training Provider Experience in a Foundation Learning/E2E/EFA environment preferable desirable.
- Counselling Qualification desirable
- IT competent ideally with appropriate qualification
- Full Clean Driving License / Access to own vehicle preferred
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with a broad range of people.
- Empathy and experience of working with client group
- Ability to work systematically and prioritise workload
- Demonstrate achievement of targets and working to deadlines
- Be open to Personal Development and willing to undertake further training
- Fully committed to the development of individuals/businesses.
- Be comfortable with stand up delivery
- Fully committed to financial probity.
- Able to respond quickly to change
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Outgoing, friendly and confident character, with good perception and motivation
- Able to respond flexibly to the demands of the role.
To prepare 16-18 year old learners on EFA funded Learning for a career in the armed forces and some 19+ learners on SFA, subject to eligibility. The main focus of the role will the requirement to deliver relevant qualifications, in addition to motivating, supporting and instilling discipline in young people.
- The delivery of exercise/fitness studies together with Military Skills delivery including Parade, Drill etc.
- Support in the delivery of Employability qualifications and Functional Skills (Maths and English entry level 3 to level 2).
- Carry out initial assessments and centre inductions.
- Ensure a minimum learner achievement rate across all qualifications of 70% together with 65% learner progression rate.
- To maintain a generated annual income of £66,000 together with a minimum qualification achievement of 70%.
- Maintain a minimum group size of 8/10 learners.
- Complete Individual Learning Records/Learning Agreements.
- Maintain all records in line with YH procedures together with Awarding Body and EFA + SFA requirements.
- Producing and utilising innovative learning material that raise motivation and self esteem ensuring learners achieve.
- Attendance at SOC meetings, together with any other meetings as required.
- Attendance at Residential Camp (1-2 weeks annually) as required.
- Liaising and building good relationships with Connexions/other external agencies.
Any other duties as relevant to the post.
Name: Amanda Lee
Phone number: 01723 371481