At a glance
Date Posted: 10/06/2021
Expiry Date: 31/07/2021
Vacancy reference: 1722700
Wage: £150.50 (per week)
Apprenticeship Type/Name: Lean Manufacturing Operative
Working week/hours: Mon - Fri, 9.00am start time with 30 minutes for lunch Total hours per week: 35.00
Apprenticeship duration: 15 Months minimum with future full time position available for the right candidate.
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate (Level 2)
- There are no specific qualifications required for this role, just the willingness to learn and develop.
- A motivated, self-starter with the ability to work on your own initiative and prioritise and manage your own workload
- Attention to detail with the ability to analyse information
- Deadline orientated to ensure that goods are dispatched within our customers’ expectations
- Time management will be key to ensuring that your workload is correctly prioritised
- Organisational skills; ensuring that the workshop is organised
- Able to work in a calm and controlled manner when under strict deadlines
- Organised, hardworking and flexible
- Courteous, polite and contributing to the positive wellbeing of customers and colleagues
- Must be able to manage a fast-paced environment with calmness and confidence
- An ability to manage conflicting priorities and understand what is truly important
- A team player
- The successful candidate will undertake an Intermediate Level Apprenticeship in Lean Manufacturing Operative.
- Full training in the role will be provided by the employer and full support and training will be provided by YH Training Services Ltd in order to achieve the apprenticeship
Liaise with the Production Manager daily to plan works required. The primary function of this role is to powder coat sheet metals and manufacture and prepare extrusions to produce signs and products and to keep the workshop in good order.
To Prepare raw metal materials, to mark out and cut materials following the order details. Shaping and cutting out panels using hand tools and machines including guillotines, presses and rollers. Finishing items with tools like grinders and sanders to smooth down rough edges. Assembling products for finishing.
Powder coating preparation to include pre-treat, prep and hang ready for painting. Set up and operate Powder coating machinery. Ensure all machinery is clean and in good working order and reporting any problems to your production manager.
- Check and quality control all items to maintain the high standards of the products produced and report any problems
- Liaising with the production Manager to ensure that we can fulfil our orders to the customer’s delivery deadlines. Correctly packaging orders and ensuring they are inputted onto the correct transport manifest
- Ensuring that products are packaged correctly so they arrive with our customers in good condition for use
- Maintaining visual inspection for all machinery within the workshop and reporting any issues to the production manager
- You may also be required to help in the sign making department as and when required, and adhere to all H&S procedures
- Daily maintenance of the workshop
- Process orders to customers deadlines
- Prepare and fabricate materials to fulfil orders
- Prep and paint panels to a high standard
- Pack and parcel finished products for deliveries
- Completing works orders from the manufacturing system
- Establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet workshop demands as dictated by order schedules and work flow
- Enforcing good working practices in relation to Health & Safety within the workshop
- Continuously improving workshop operations
- Maintain storage area by organizing floor space; adhering to insurance regulations; recommending improvements; ensuring workshop is kept clean and tidy
- Keeps equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; requiring preventive maintenance; reporting any repairs required
- All Imported deliveries checked and booked in within 24 hours of receipt
- All goods are placed in the correct location within 24 hours of being booked in
- Overview machinery maintenance, complete visual checks in line with H&S guidelines
- Workshops have rubbish removed weekly and are kept in an orderly manner with floors being cleaned weekly
Name: Jamie Greening or Carey Bilton
Phone number: 01723 364848