At a glance
Date Posted: 19/05/2021
Expiry Date: 20/06/2021
Vacancy reference: 1712307
Wage: £187.50 (per week)
Location: Hornsea, HU11
Apprenticeship Type/Name: Hospitality Team Member
Working week/hours: Days and shifts to be confirmed. Total hours per week: 37.50
Apprenticeship duration: 15 Months minimum until completion of the apprenticeship.
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate (Level 2)
- GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English are preferred
- Please be aware that as part of the apprenticeship, we will train you up to Functional Skills Level 2 if you do not already possess maths & English grades A*-C/9-4
- A valid Food Hygiene Certificate would be an advantage but not essential
Although not essential, previous experience of working within a similar environment would certainly be an advantage.
This role would be ideal for those with a natural & genuine flair for cooking/baking, from a catering background, or someone who just enjoys working with food.
Although no previous experience is required, the successful applicant must possess a minimum of the following standards & skills and/or look to develop these:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service
- Sound communication skills
This is a front of house role & therefore a clean, smart, well-groomed appearance is essential.
- An enthusiastic and friendly approach to work
- Sound work ethic
- Strong team player
- Ability to follow specific instructions
- Good, positive, friendly attitude
- Organised and focused approach
- Pleasant and confident demeanour
- Polite, well mannered & courteous
- Friendly, happy & outgoing
- Not afraid of demanding, hard work
- Reasonably confident
- Must be willing to listen & learn
Level 2 Hospitality Team Member apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Functional Skills in maths and English (where required)
- Food Hygiene Technical Certificate
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
This exciting new opportunity will allow you to work in an award-winning pub that is renowned for its locally sourced menu and multiple awards. You will be helping in the kitchen, working alongside the chef, to prepare high quality, hot and cold food.
Almost 150 years old, the Wrygarth Inn has gone from coach house with a blacksmith to an award-winning country pub, with a locally sourced menu and village store. This exciting new opportunity will allow you to work in an award-winning pub that is renowned for its locally sourced menu and multiple awards. You will be helping in the kitchen, working alongside the chef, to prepare high quality, hot and cold food.
No previous experience is required as full training will be provided. However, the successful applicant must be able to demonstrate that they have a keen and genuine interest in working within this type of environment. This will be a varied role and you will be trained in all areas of the establishment.
Duties will include:
- Working to food safety standards
- Food preparation
- Basic cooking duties
- Attending the carvery
- Cleaning and maintaining the kitchen
- Pot wash
- Opening and closing kitchen
- General house keeping
- Plus, any other related duties
Name: Sophie Ness or Louise O'Connor
Phone number: 01482 222142