At a glance
Date Posted: 03/06/2019
Expiry Date: 31/07/2019
Vacancy reference: 1541319
Wage: To be agreed
Location: Hull, HU9
Apprenticeship Type/Name: IT Infrastructure
Working week/hours: Monday - Friday 8.00 am-5.00 pm with 1 hour for lunch. Total hours per week: 40.00
Apprenticeship duration: 15 - 24 Months Maximum with future full time position available for the right candidate.
Apprenticeship level: Advanced (Level 3)
- Grades A-C (or equivalent) in maths, English and ICT (desirable)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skills in problem solving, organisation and planning
- Keen and willing to learn through research and practice
- Someone who has a passion or at least an interest in the industry
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to follow instructions
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
- Communication: works both independently and as part of a team and following the organisations standards; competently demonstrating an ability to communicate both in writing and orally at all levels, using a range of tools and demonstrating strong interpersonal skills and cultural awareness when dealing with colleagues, customers and clients during all tasks.
- IT Security:Demonstrates the necessary skills and behaviours to securely operate across all platforms and areas of responsibilities in line with organisational guidance, legislation
- Remote Infrastructure: Effectively operates a range of mobile devices and securely add them to a network in accordance with organisations policies and procedures
- Data: effectively records, analyses and communicates data at the appropriate level using the organisation’s standard tools and processes and to all stakeholders within the responsibility of the position
- Problem solving: applies structured techniques to common and non-routine problems, testing methodologies and troubleshooting and analyses problems by selecting the digital appropriate tools and techniques in line with organisation guidance and to obtain the relevant logistical support as required
- Workflow management: works flexibly and demonstrates the ability to work under pressure to progress allocated tasks in accordance with the organisation’s reporting and quality systems
- Health and Safety: Interprets and follows IT legislation to securely and professional work productively in the work environment
- Performance: Optimises the performance of hardware, software and Network Systems and services in line with business requirements
- Can explain the correct processes associated with WEEE (the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive)
Due to continued expansion the Company are looking to invest in an apprentice for our I.T. Solutions Team to develop their skills and knowledge in I.T. Systems Administration and Infrastructure.
- Assist with the installation and configuration of I.T. infrastructure.
- Assist with installing new software releases and carry out system upgrades on Windows and Apple Macintosh computers used within the business.
- Assist with system backups and recovery of data as required.
- Assist with monitoring Windows servers and networking performance.
- Assist with managing communications (telephone and mobile) within the business.
- Any other I.T. duties deemed appropriate as required.
Name: Sophie Ness
Phone number: 01482 222142