At a glance
Date Posted: 02/01/2020
Expiry Date: 28/02/2020
Vacancy reference: ITAPPTrainer
Wage: £24,000 Pro Rata (per annum)
Location: Hull and Surrounding Areas
Working week/hours: 0.6 – full time hours considered in line with business needs
- Level 3 Training qualification ie Certificate in Education and Training or equivalent.
- Good level of education – 5 x GCSE’s Grades A-C / 9-4 or equivalent.
- Level 4 IT qualification
- Vocational and delivery experience
- Satisfactory DBS check required
- A thorough understanding of British Values and Safeguarding practices.
- Training Provider Experience preferred
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with a broad range of people.
- Empathy with needs of client group
- Ability to work systematically and prioritise workload
- Demonstrate achievement of targets and working to deadlines
- Able to respond quickly to change
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Outgoing, friendly and confident character, with good perception and motivation
- Able to respond flexibly to the demands of the role.
- Be open to Personal Development and willing to undertake further training
- Fully committed to the development of individuals/businesses.
- Be comfortable with stand up delivery
- Fully committed to financial probity.
We are seeking to appoint a pro-active, experienced and highly motivated Apprenticeship Trainer to successfully deliver IT apprenticeships provision in the Hull region.
- Supporting and maintaining high quality work-based learning and assessment which ensures good learner progress and timely achievement.
- Ensuring that learners receive high quality Initial Advice and Guidance and that delivery is tailored appropriately to meet their individual needs taking into account their starting points.
- To deliver relevant units of competence and assess learners progress in IT Apprenticeships Apprenticeship’s (Standards) to Level 3 Infrastructure Technician level in the workplace and classroom environment as required.
- Deliver appropriate off the job training and be confident in group delivery.
- Visiting/contact with employers/apprentices every 4 weeks providing on-going support by telephone and email to ensure learning and employment progress is on target for achievement. Ensuring the apprentice and employer are following actions set ensuring continued learning and successful career path. If Apprentices are at risk of untimely progression you will work closely with all parties to achieve an effective solution.
- Minimum learner achievement rate of 80% to be attained with a 35 caseload.
- Initial learner assessment and diagnostics.
- Maintain all records in line with YH procedures together with Awarding Body and Funding Agency requirements.
- Producing and utilising innovative learning material that raise motivation and self esteem ensuring learners achieve.
- Attendance at all relevant meetings as required.
- Any other duties as relevant to the post.
Name: Leanne Eddon
Phone number: 01723 371481