At a glance
Date Posted: 11/06/2021
Expiry Date: 30/06/2021
Vacancy reference: 1723862
Wage: £166.50 (per week)
Apprenticeship Type/Name: IT Infrastructure Technician
Working week/hours: Mon - Thurs 8.45am - 5.15pm Fri - 8.45am - 4.45pm 1 hour lunch break Total hours per week: 37.00
Apprenticeship duration: 15 Months minimum with future full time position available for the right candidate.
Apprenticeship level: Advanced (Level 3)
- GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths A*-C or 9-4 grades are essential
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Ability to articulate ICT matters to non-technical people
- Basic knowledge of hardware in PCs/Laptops
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft operating system and/or Office
- Analytical in approach to dealing with problems
- Willingness to learn in a variety of different ways.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Good teamwork.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
The successful candidate will work towards the Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship Standard, together with Functional Skills Maths and English where necessary.
To provide technical support for all the Council’s wide range of platforms, networks and telephony. To monitor and manage the Council’s ICT equipment ensuring operability for all users.
- Assist the Duty Officer Role for the Service Desk, Logging of ‘Service Desk’ calls, resolving problems and where appropriate, liaise with Third Parties and users.
- Assist in providing technical support including installing Personal Computers, hardware upgrades, software and software upgrades across a range of operating systems (including but not limited to Microsoft, Linux, Apple).
- Assist in supporting and maintain the Council’s Local Area Networks (LAN’s) to give connectivity and bandwidth for all ICT equipment.
- Update the Council’s ICT asset register and AD.
- Assist the Business Analyst team with research and contribute to development projects.
- Assist with the support and maintain the Council’s telephony system across all the Council’s sites. Give advice and support to all telephony users as appropriate and to configure hunt groups, pickup groups, filters and speed dials etc. on user’s telephones.
- Assist in managing the Council’s ICT equipment, monitoring the efficiency of equipment, scheduling jobs and distributing printed output.
- Purge and format the Council’s old PC’s for recycling to charitable organisations.
- Assist in the implementation and enforce the Council’s ICT security policy. This will include ring fencing the Council’s equipment by installing anti-virus software and maintaining the Council’s firewall.
- Assist in developing and maintain the technical and user documentation.
- Give advice and support as appropriate to all ICT users including the Council Members.
- To comply with the Council’s IT standards.
- Be aware of and comply with all the appropriate aspects of the Health and Safety at work requirements.
- To undertake such other duties as may from time to time be allocated to the post-holder as may be consistent with the responsibilities of the post.
Name: Jamie Greening or Carey Bilton
Phone number: 01723 364848