At a glance
Date Posted: 19/12/2018
Expiry Date: 28/02/2019
Vacancy reference: 1484128
Wage: £166.50 (per week)
Apprenticeship Type/Name: Business Administration Apprentice
Working week/hours: 37
Apprenticeship duration: 15 Months
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate (Level 2)
- Good Keyboard Skills
- GCSE (or equivalent) English and maths - A-C or levels 4-9
- Team Worker
- Able to work under pressure
- Good organisational skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn new skills
NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Business and Administration
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in the busy Accounts office of Hambleton District Council. You will carry out Business support to the accounts office and members of staff.
To provide business support services to effectively and efficiently meet the needs of other Council services.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To assist in the achievement of the Council’s Objectives through the Business Support service plan and supporting action plan
- Processing of creditor invoices and all associated tasks.
- Production and processing of Orders and invoices using the Council’s financial management system and liaising with Suppliers as required.
- Post opening and franking the mail and distribute / receive from the business
- Processing the receipt of cheques
- Undertake all scanning for the organisation
- Maintain the Council’s notice boards across the Civic Centre building
- Input, update and maintain databases, relevant record systems, manuals etc.
- To receive and respond to enquiries from customers, Councillors, other Council services and external organisation. Handle telephone calls from the general public.
- Achieve agreed policies, targets, quality standards and service improvements set by the Business Support Team leader in conjunction with the wide demands of the organisation.
- To ensure the efficient processing of the daily income bank statement and all associated tasks.
- To demonstrate an acceptance of and commitment to the Council’s Equalities and Diversity Policy
- Take responsibility for own health and safety.
- To undertake other duties, that may be requested by the Business Support Team Leader and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this post
In this role you will be dealing with Members of the Public, Officers of the Council, Members of the Council, Visitors to the Council, External Suppliers, professional Bodies.
Full training will be given for all of the above
Name: Avril Deighton
Phone number: 01904 666713