At a glance
Date Posted: 08/11/2019
Expiry Date: 28/12/2019
Vacancy reference: 1594878
Wage: £7,605 (per annum)
Apprenticeship Type/Name: IT Infrastructure Technician
Working week/hours: Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.30pm Total hours per week: 37.50
Apprenticeship duration: 15 - 24 Months Maximum with future full time position available for the right candidate.
Apprenticeship level: Advanced (Level 3)
- GCSE grades A*-C or 4-9 in maths and English (or the equivalent) are essential.
- Having a full UK driving licence would be an advantage, although this is not essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are very important for this role
- Attention to detail and a customer care focus are essential characteristics of any prospective Save9 apprentice
- Applicants must be reliable, trustworthy and be able to use their own initiative to solve problems
The successful candidate will undertake an Advanced Level Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship, together with Functional Skills in maths and English where required.
Working as part of our broadband delivery team you will learn an array of networking skills - developing your knowledge of IP networking, routers, Wi-Fi systems and firewalls.
Save9 broadband delivery duties will eventually include on-site installations at business premises and residential homes, remote router upgrades and office-based helpdesk support for end-users, to ensure reliable internet services for customers of Save9.
Helpdesk responsibilities will include first-line technical support for end-users (answering telephone calls and generating job tickets using our in-house job tracking system) plus basic preventative maintenance and service monitoring of hosted and managed internet solutions.
Apprenticeship skills training will include:
- Installing, configuring and supporting outdoor wireless antenna on buildings and radio towers. This includes copper and fibre cable installations
- Practical IP networking skills (TCP/IP, VLANs, switches, routers and firewalls)
- An introduction to the technical administration of Windows servers, Linux servers, desktop PC's and cloud computing technologies (e.g. Office 365)
Name: Jamie Greening
Phone number: 01723 364848