At a glance
Date Posted: 13/02/2019
Expiry Date: 30/04/2019
Vacancy reference: 1502133
Wage: £176.25 (per week)
Location: Hull, HU2
Apprenticeship Type/Name: Performing Manufacturing Operations
Working week/hours: 37.5
Apprenticeship duration: 15 Months Maximum with future full time position available for the right candidate.
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate (Level 2)
GCSE (or equivalent) grades A*-C/9-4 in English and maths are essential.Desired skills:
- Mental and manual dexterity
- Ability to follow instructions both verbal and written
- Good communication skills
- Clear handwriting
- Accurate data input skills
- Problem solving skills
- Able to multi-task
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to work in a busy factory environment
- Positive attitude
- Able to use initiative
- Willing to learn and develop
- Diligent and hard working
- Candidate must be 18+ due to working with chemicals
You will have an individual learning plan and a designated trainer who will deliver your training on-site at your place of work. You will have access to your own online e-portfolio to monitor your progress and access resources.
Other: Good working conditions, subject to dirt and strong chemicals on certain jobs. Positive, friendly environment. Candidates must be able to cope with the physical demands of the role as well as taking in to account that the paint fumes can be strong.
If you are looking for a practical role within a manufacturing environment, this position will ensure you are trained in all areas within the processing department to fully develop your skills and health and safety awareness. It will involve mixing of chemicals and paints under strict health and safety conditions.
You will learn in a supportive, friendly environment and the company reward staff and offer a good salary and opportunity to go on to further training.
Duties and responsibilities to include:
- Mixing of powders, solvents and chemicals using different machinery (full training provided)
- Weighing materials
- Following instructions on job sheets
- Inputting information into computer systems
- Manual handling
- Preparing goods for dispatch
- Use of fork lift (training provided)
- All Health and Safety relating to this industry including COSHH, operating machinery, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness of laboratory and factory
Name: Sophie Ness
Phone number: 01482 222142