At a glance
Date Posted: 13/05/2019
Expiry Date: 31/07/2019
Vacancy reference: 1534595
Wage: To be agreed
Location: Grimsby, DN31
Apprenticeship Type/Name: Business Administration Apprentice
Working week/hours: Mon - Fri 8am-4pm with 30 Minutes for Lunch Total hours per week: 37.50
Apprenticeship duration: 15 Months Maximum with future full time position available for the right candidate.
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate (Level 2)
- A*-C GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English is essential.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience with Word and Excel
- The ability to work from own initiative
- Confident and presentable
- Team player
The successful candidate must have a confident and "can do" attitude and be flexible and adaptable in their approach to work. They must enjoy working in a fast paced team environment and be able to cope with the stress that it can sometimes bring. Organised and showing strong attention to detail is of paramount importance as is being bright, confident and capable.
You will have access to your own online e-portfolio to monitor your progress and access resources. You will be assigned a Trainer who specialises in teaching and delivering the Business Administration qualification; they will be with you during your sessions in the centre and also make regular visits to see you in your place of work. Sessions are kept small to ensure each learner gets the correct support and guidance throughout the duration of their apprenticeship. Upon completion you will be accreditated wiht City & Guilds Level 2 Business Administration.
Other: Please check the location of Humber Resource Training, and ensure you are able to arrive for work on time every day.
To provide a welcoming and efficient service as the first port of call for visitors to the company.
Ensuring telephone calls are handled in a timely and professional manner.
Supporting the Training Coordinator in providing a range of business administration services including photocopying, laminating, inputting and filing.
This is an apprentice role and support and training will be given in all aspects of the job role and including opportunities to gain experience in all aspects of administration.
Main responsibilities and key duties
- Answering of incoming telephone calls, booking candidates onto training courses, taking and passing on messages
- Production of printed material for all training courses, typing, collation and photocopying of cards and certificates.
- Accept deliveries of parcels, book in and distribute throughout the training site
- Making teas and coffee’s for training courses
- Ordering lunches and buffets for training courses
- Ensure the upkeep of the training rooms
- Upkeep of Visitor and contractor signing in book ensuring all visitors and contractors are correctly registered upon entry and leaving
- Other general office duties as require
This job description is not exhaustive, and the post holder may be asked to carry out any other reasonable request in line with the requirements of the company.
Support given to attend training and carry out college work within normal working hours where appropriate.
Name: Sophie Ness
Phone number: 01482 222142