We’re straight in to the New Year with a bang this year! National Apprenticeship Week is this year is being held a month earlier than it traditionally is! Monday 3rd – Friday 7th February will be the 13th annual National Apprenticeship Week #NAW2020
This year’s theme for the week is *Look Beyond*, this theme will celebrate the diversity and value that apprenticeships bring to employers, apprentices and communities across England today. From highlighting the breadth of industries and roles available to the talent and energy apprentices bring into the workplace.
National Apprenticeship Week is a flagship moment in the calendar year for supporters and ambassadors of apprenticeships, uniting them and delivering consistent messages with strong collective impact. ‘Look Beyond’ will serve as a rallying cry for the apprenticeship community to showcase the true meaning of diversity within apprenticeships, including:
- Calling on young people to look beyond traditional routes into employment and explore the diversity of career options and industries now available to them through apprenticeships;
- Calling on employers to look beyond traditional hiring routes and shout about the value they already see from diversifying their workforce by employing apprentices
- Calling on parents and teachers to look beyond old preconceptions around apprenticeships, building understanding of the true value they bring, and sharing this with young people.
Thinking of applying for an apprenticeship ? Check out our Current Apprenticeship Vacancies
We will be attending events and schools across the region giving information advice and guidance on apprenticeships, here’s where we will be:
- Huntington School (AM)
- Archbishop School (PM)
- Doncaster Job Centre
- Apprenticeship Open Evening, 5pm – 7pm
- Welcome Presentation from The Apprenticeship Team – Everything you need to know and more.
- Some of our own employers will be there to talk to you about their live vacancies!
- Chat with tutors about the Apprenticeships courses and qualifications we offer.
- Our recruitment team will be on hand to guide you through your application.
- Kirklees Apprenticeship Event
- C&K Careers @ John Smiths Stadium, 5.30pm – 8pm
- St Augustine’s School, Scarborough
- Year 9 Parent’s Evening – A member of our team will be on hand to discuss alternative routes in to employment and explain how apprenticeships help you earn whilst you learn.
- Wilberforce Careers Fair
- Wilberforce College, 11am – 2pm
Posted in Apprentice recruitment, Apprenticeships, Funding 06/01/2020
Ben (pictured above) has recently gained an apprenticeship with Jobs Butler, an affordable local recruitment service in Hull, he has got off to a fantastic starts and has proven to be productive in his role at Jobsbutler already!