All our Military Preparation Courses are delivered at Army Reserve Centres, Monday to Thursday from 9.30am to 3.30pm. The days you attend the course will depend on your individual requirements and will be agreed with your tutor.
Activities you will take part in include:
- Functional skills in Maths and English up to Level 2
- Improving your fitness to military standards
- Drills activity
- Educational visits outside centre
- Residential visits
What will you gain?
With our Military Preparation Course, you’ll learn all the valuable skills and disciplines required for Armed Forces recruitment and enlistment.
Functional skills in Maths and English up to Level 2
Military skills including:
- Map reading
- Values and standards
- Personal Hygiene
Exercise & fitness including:
- Fitness and wellbeing
Employability skills including:
- CV Writing
- Interview techniques
- Job research and application
- Preparing for Work
- Effective communication
How do we do this?
Our Military Preparation Course tutors work closely with the Armed Forces to ensure the training you receive from us meets the criteria required by them.
- We assist you in achieving your Maths and English skills Level 2 qualifications, fitness requirements and Military skills.
- By supporting you through your application process from completing your initial application form.
- We help you to research various roles within the Armed Forces.
- We arrange visits for you to meet serving soldiers.
- We arrange and prepare you for your selection assessment, which involves completing a variety of mentally and physically challenging activities.
- You attend a military insight course; either “Look at Life” or “Be the Best”. It’s a five-day residential course, which offers you a chance to learn about the modern military. You’ll gain skills for life in an informative learning environment, with outward bound activities, careers advice and information sessions.
What learners say
"I went through a year at College wondering what I could do next. Do I stay on at College or do I try something different? A friend of mine called Josh told me about the MPC Course and how much it helped him so I came in and had a chat about what the Course involved and how it worked. I started the MPC Course in September 2015. I was shy and quiet at first, but once I got to know the people on the course they were all like a little family. They were all willing to take anyone in and help with your problems and questions. When I go into the job I will be with the Queen Alexandria’s Royal Army Nursing Corps. During my training I will go on to a 3-year degree in Nursing at Birmingham University. I'm really looking forward to the new life I have and to pushing myself to the limits. None of this would have happened if I did not start the Course as a shy 17 year old."Read More
What's going on?
York Learning Centre Open Day
Want help to gain employment? Reach out and grasp YOUR FUTURE! You will increase your skills and knowledge to successfully gain an apprenticeship, employment or progress on to higher education. York Learning Centre are holding an Open Event on Friday 19th January 2018 Our advisors will be on hand to discuss career paths and any […]Read More
- Barnsley Military Preparation Centre »
- Coulby Newham Military Preparation Centre »
- Darlington Military Preparation Centre »
- Hartlepool Military Preparation Centre »
- Huddersfield Military Preparation Centre »
- Hull Military Preparation Centre »
- Scarborough Military Preparation Centre »
- Scunthorpe Military Preparation Centre »
- York Military Preparation Centre »