It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3
- Register and make an application online
- We’ll then get in touch and invite you in for an interview so that we can find out more about you and your career ambitions.
- We’ll then consider you for all future apprenticeship vacancies, and Match-You with the right opportunities. When we think you might be a good match, we’ll be in touch to see if you’re interested – so please check your emails regularly!
- We’ll work with you to identify the right employer to do your apprenticeship with and do our best to Match-You.
- We can offer an individualised programme of training to help you get where you want to be
- If you’re unsure about what you’re looking to do, we can explore and talk about some of the other training programmes we offer if they’re of interest.
Q&AHow do I apply for an apprenticeship?
Applying for an apprenticeship is like applying for any other job – and the YH Training team is here to help. With around 11 applications for every apprenticeship, it’s important that you do all you can to stand out and the online application is the first place to start.How long does it take to complete an apprenticeship?
Lasting a minimum of 12 months, apprenticeships can take up to four years to complete. It depends on the level of the apprenticeship, your ability and the industry sector. An Intermediate Level 2 apprenticeship usually takes 12 to 18 months to complete, whereas an Advanced Level 3 takes around 24 months.How will I do my training?
There are different ways to complete the training that forms part of your apprenticeship and every apprenticeship is different but usually includes:
- On-the-job training<: developing your skills in the workplace by working with colleagues who will show you how to carry out certain tasks – either in formal, structured sessions or informal and unplanned learning.
- Off-the-job training<: learning and developing your skills and knowledge away from your place of work. You might need to access a computer to do some online learning or go to one of our training centres where you will learn in a classroom or workshop.
An apprenticeship offers lots of additional benefits to simply having a job – but in short, it allows you to earn while you learn!
Your qualification and experience gained will be based on the skills and knowledge that you require for the job you’re doing – and you can progress further up the career ladder while taking home a wage at the end of the week or month.
Also, with an apprenticeship you’ll set yourself up for the future – apprentices enjoy marked salary increases when they complete their training.I’m already in a job, can I do an apprenticeship?
If you’re already in employment and your employer agrees, we can offer an apprenticeship specific to the role you’re performing.Read More Q&A
What learners say
"I’ve progressed so much since starting my apprenticeship last year after Sixth Form. I work with employers and learners at YH Training Services and it’s such a rewarding job…I love everything that I do as a part of it! I’m now working towards my advanced apprenticeship and when I’ve completed that I’d really like to become Business Development Advisor for the Hull learning centre and continue to work alongside the amazing team that have helped me to grow so much."Read More