It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3
- Register and make an application online
- We’ll then get in touch and invite you in for an interview so that we can find out more about you and your career ambitions.
- We’ll then consider you for all future apprenticeship vacancies, and Match-You with the right opportunities. When we think you might be a good match, we’ll be in touch to see if you’re interested – so please check your emails regularly!
- We’ll work with you to identify the right employer to do your apprenticeship with and do our best to Match-You.
- We can offer an individualised programme of training to help you get where you want to be
- If you’re unsure about what you’re looking to do, we can explore and talk about some of the other training programmes we offer if they’re of interest.
Q&AHow do I apply for an apprenticeship?
Applying for an apprenticeship is like applying for any other job – and the YH Training team is here to help. With around 11 applications for every apprenticeship, it’s important that you do all you can to stand out and the online application is the first place to start.What are apprenticeships?
An apprenticeship can help you gain all the skills you need to succeed in your career and offers real insight and experience into your chosen industry and job role. What’s more, you get paid and gain a nationally recognised apprenticeship to add to your CV. There are apprenticeships for over 170 industries and 1500 job roles, so there are plenty of opportunities for you to consider.Why should I become an apprentice?
Helping you gain all the skills you need to succeed in your career, an apprenticeship gives you real insight into your chosen industry – and you’ll get paid!
The key benefits:
- You gain valuable workplace skills and experience.
- You work in a real job for a real employer.
- You are paid a salary and have a contract of employment.
- You achieve an apprenticeship recognised by employers.
- You get support from your colleagues and training organisation.
- It’s a carer pathway that helps you achieve your goals.
- It’s something for your CV to show skills, achievements and work experience.
There are more perks. For instance, you’ll also be entitled to a National Union of Students (NUS) Apprentice Extra Card, giving you discounts at more than 120 shops and online sites – result!’What makes a good apprentice?
Being an apprentice is the same as working as an employee in a business. There are different skills and attributes that each company will be looking for in candidates which will also be linked to job role. Your ability to fit in, as well as your personality, will go a long way to determining whether you’re right for an apprenticeship vacancy.
Apprenticeships have moved on a lot in the last decade or so. If you have the drive and determination to succeed – and you’d like to earn a wage while working towards a rewarding, lifelong career – you’re likely to be a good apprenticeship candidate.How will I do my training?
There are different ways to complete the training that forms part of your apprenticeship and every apprenticeship is different but usually includes:
- On-the-job training<: developing your skills in the workplace by working with colleagues who will show you how to carry out certain tasks – either in formal, structured sessions or informal and unplanned learning.
- Off-the-job training<: learning and developing your skills and knowledge away from your place of work. You might need to access a computer to do some online learning or go to one of our training centres where you will learn in a classroom or workshop.
What learners say
"I’ve progressed so much since starting my apprenticeship last year after Sixth Form. I work with employers and learners at YH Training Services and it’s such a rewarding job…I love everything that I do as a part of it! I’m now working towards my advanced apprenticeship and when I’ve completed that I’d really like to become Business Development Advisor for the Hull learning centre and continue to work alongside the amazing team that have helped me to grow so much."Read More