It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3
- Register and make an application online
- We’ll then get in touch and invite you in for an interview so that we can find out more about you and your career ambitions.
- We’ll then consider you for all future apprenticeship vacancies, and Match-You with the right opportunities. When we think you might be a good match, we’ll be in touch to see if you’re interested – so please check your emails regularly!
- We’ll work with you to identify the right employer to do your apprenticeship with and do our best to Match-You.
- We can offer an individualised programme of training to help you get where you want to be
- If you’re unsure about what you’re looking to do, we can explore and talk about some of the other training programmes we offer if they’re of interest.
Q&AWhat will I be paid?
Every employer offering an apprenticeship vacancy will decide what they want to pay their apprentices and this information will be set out in the job description. Like all jobs, salaries vary depending on job role, location, the sector it’s in and how much responsibility you’ll be given.
You’ll be pleased to know, however, that there’s a National Minimum Wage for apprentices. This is £3.50 per hour for apprentices under 19 or in their first year of an apprenticeship. If you’re aged 19 or over and past the first year of your apprenticeship, you’ll be entitled to the National Minimum Wage rate that applies to your age.Why not just get a job?
An apprenticeship offers lots of additional benefits to simply having a job – but in short, it allows you to earn while you learn!
Your qualification and experience gained will be based on the skills and knowledge that you require for the job you’re doing – and you can progress further up the career ladder while taking home a wage at the end of the week or month.
Also, with an apprenticeship you’ll set yourself up for the future – apprentices enjoy marked salary increases when they complete their training.How do I apply for an apprenticeship?
Applying for an apprenticeship is like applying for any other job – and the YH Training team is here to help. With around 11 applications for every apprenticeship, it’s important that you do all you can to stand out and the online application is the first place to start.I’m already in a job, can I do an apprenticeship?
If you’re already in employment and your employer agrees, we can offer an apprenticeship specific to the role you’re performing.Does someone need to have a job to be an apprentice?
If they’re not in employment and want to be an apprentice, our team will help them to find the right opportunity with our Match-You service.Read More Q&A
What learners say
"I’ve progressed so much since starting my apprenticeship last year after Sixth Form. I work with employers and learners at YH Training Services and it’s such a rewarding job…I love everything that I do as a part of it! I’m now working towards my advanced apprenticeship and when I’ve completed that I’d really like to become Business Development Advisor for the Hull learning centre and continue to work alongside the amazing team that have helped me to grow so much."Read More