It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3
- Register and make an application online
- We’ll then get in touch and invite you in for an interview so that we can find out more about you and your career ambitions.
- We’ll then consider you for all future apprenticeship vacancies, and Match-You with the right opportunities. When we think you might be a good match, we’ll be in touch to see if you’re interested – so please check your emails regularly!
- We’ll work with you to identify the right employer to do your apprenticeship with and do our best to Match-You.
- We can offer an individualised programme of training to help you get where you want to be
- If you’re unsure about what you’re looking to do, we can explore and talk about some of the other training programmes we offer if they’re of interest.
Q&AAre there different levels of apprenticeship?
There are different levels of apprenticeships:
- Intermediate apprenticeship (Level 2) - apprentices gain the equivalent of five GCSEs at grades A-C.
- Advanced apprenticeship (Level 3) - apprentices gain the equivalent of two A-Levels.
- Higher apprentices (Level 4-5) – apprentices gain the equivalent of a qualification such as a Foundation Degree.
- Degree apprenticeship (Levels 6-7) – apprentices gain a degree-level qualification, helping to build the high-level technical skills needed for the jobs of the future.
If they’re not in employment and want to be an apprentice, our team will help them to find the right opportunity with our Match-You service.Do I need English and Maths to be an apprentice?
This varies because each employer will look for a different set of qualifications. While some employers feel that asking for English and Maths GCSEs will help them to attract the right candidate for their role, others will allow you to work towards Functional Skills (English, Maths and ICT) as part of your apprenticeship.How can I progress afterwards?
Once you’ve finished your apprenticeship, you’ll be a much better position to progress in your career. With a qualification under your belt, you can use this experience to work your way up the career ladder and achieve your ambitions. You may even decide to progress to embark on a degree-level apprenticeship and continue your learning.
You’ll also be pleased to know that many apprentices receive a pay rise after completing their apprenticeship.I’m already in a job, can I do an apprenticeship?
If you’re already in employment and your employer agrees, we can offer an apprenticeship specific to the role you’re performing.Read More Q&A
What learners say
"I’ve progressed so much since starting my apprenticeship last year after Sixth Form. I work with employers and learners at YH Training Services and it’s such a rewarding job…I love everything that I do as a part of it! I’m now working towards my advanced apprenticeship and when I’ve completed that I’d really like to become Business Development Advisor for the Hull learning centre and continue to work alongside the amazing team that have helped me to grow so much."Read More