It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3
- Register and make an application online
- We’ll then get in touch and invite you in for an interview so that we can find out more about you and your career ambitions.
- We’ll then consider you for all future apprenticeship vacancies, and Match-You with the right opportunities. When we think you might be a good match, we’ll be in touch to see if you’re interested – so please check your emails regularly!
- We’ll work with you to identify the right employer to do your apprenticeship with and do our best to Match-You.
- We can offer an individualised programme of training to help you get where you want to be
- If you’re unsure about what you’re looking to do, we can explore and talk about some of the other training programmes we offer if they’re of interest.
Q&AWhy should I become an apprentice?
Helping you gain all the skills you need to succeed in your career, an apprenticeship gives you real insight into your chosen industry – and you’ll get paid!
The key benefits:
- You gain valuable workplace skills and experience.
- You work in a real job for a real employer.
- You are paid a salary and have a contract of employment.
- You achieve an apprenticeship recognised by employers.
- You get support from your colleagues and training organisation.
- It’s a carer pathway that helps you achieve your goals.
- It’s something for your CV to show skills, achievements and work experience.
There are more perks. For instance, you’ll also be entitled to a National Union of Students (NUS) Apprentice Extra Card, giving you discounts at more than 120 shops and online sites – result!’How do I apply for an apprenticeship?
Applying for an apprenticeship is like applying for any other job – and the YH Training team is here to help. With around 11 applications for every apprenticeship, it’s important that you do all you can to stand out and the online application is the first place to start.How long does it take to complete an apprenticeship?
Lasting a minimum of 12 months, apprenticeships can take up to four years to complete. It depends on the level of the apprenticeship, your ability and the industry sector. An Intermediate Level 2 apprenticeship usually takes 12 to 18 months to complete, whereas an Advanced Level 3 takes around 24 months.Do I need English and Maths to be an apprentice?
This varies because each employer will look for a different set of qualifications. While some employers feel that asking for English and Maths GCSEs will help them to attract the right candidate for their role, others will allow you to work towards Functional Skills (English, Maths and ICT) as part of your apprenticeship.What will I be paid?
Every employer offering an apprenticeship vacancy will decide what they want to pay their apprentices and this information will be set out in the job description. Like all jobs, salaries vary depending on job role, location, the sector it’s in and how much responsibility you’ll be given.
You’ll be pleased to know, however, that there’s a National Minimum Wage for apprentices. This is £3.70 per hour for apprentices under 19 or in their first year of an apprenticeship. If you’re aged 19 or over and past the first year of your apprenticeship, you’ll be entitled to the National Minimum Wage rate that applies to your age.Read More Q&A
What learners say
"I’ve progressed so much since starting my apprenticeship last year after Sixth Form. I work with employers and learners at YH Training Services and it’s such a rewarding job…I love everything that I do as a part of it! I’m now working towards my advanced apprenticeship and when I’ve completed that I’d really like to become Business Development Advisor for the Hull learning centre and continue to work alongside the amazing team that have helped me to grow so much."Read More