It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3
- Register and make an application online
- We’ll then get in touch and invite you in for an interview so that we can find out more about you and your career ambitions.
- We’ll then consider you for all future apprenticeship vacancies, and Match-You with the right opportunities. When we think you might be a good match, we’ll be in touch to see if you’re interested – so please check your emails regularly!
- We’ll work with you to identify the right employer to do your apprenticeship with and do our best to Match-You.
- We can offer an individualised programme of training to help you get where you want to be
- If you’re unsure about what you’re looking to do, we can explore and talk about some of the other training programmes we offer if they’re of interest.
Q&ADoes someone need to have a job to be an apprentice?
If they’re not in employment and want to be an apprentice, our team will help them to find the right opportunity with our Match-You service.Do I need to have a job to be an apprentice?
If you’re not in employment and want to be an apprentice, our team will help you to find the right opportunity with our Match-You service.Why should I become an apprentice?
Helping you gain all the skills you need to succeed in your career, an apprenticeship gives you real insight into your chosen industry – and you’ll get paid!
The key benefits:
- You gain valuable workplace skills and experience.
- You work in a real job for a real employer.
- You are paid a salary and have a contract of employment.
- You achieve an apprenticeship recognised by employers.
- You get support from your colleagues and training organisation.
- It’s a carer pathway that helps you achieve your goals.
- It’s something for your CV to show skills, achievements and work experience.
There are more perks. For instance, you’ll also be entitled to a National Union of Students (NUS) Apprentice Extra Card, giving you discounts at more than 120 shops and online sites – result!’How old do you need to be?
If you’re aged 16 and above, you can become an apprentice.
Apprenticeships have changed a huge amount over this last decade or so and there are so many opportunities for people of all ages. They’re no longer just for school leavers, so don’t be put off if you’re a mature candidate.
You may have gone to university and decided it’s not for you, or you may be a mature worker who’s ready for a change; apprenticeships certainly aren’t just for people aged between 19 and 23!
Instead, they’re an ideal way for you to continue learning throughout your life as you can now progress all the way up to degree level apprenticeships.Why not just get a job?
An apprenticeship offers lots of additional benefits to simply having a job – but in short, it allows you to earn while you learn!
Your qualification and experience gained will be based on the skills and knowledge that you require for the job you’re doing – and you can progress further up the career ladder while taking home a wage at the end of the week or month.
Also, with an apprenticeship you’ll set yourself up for the future – apprentices enjoy marked salary increases when they complete their training.Read More Q&A
What learners say
"I’ve progressed so much since starting my apprenticeship last year after Sixth Form. I work with employers and learners at YH Training Services and it’s such a rewarding job…I love everything that I do as a part of it! I’m now working towards my advanced apprenticeship and when I’ve completed that I’d really like to become Business Development Advisor for the Hull learning centre and continue to work alongside the amazing team that have helped me to grow so much."Read More