It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3
- Register and make an application online
- We’ll then get in touch and invite you in for an interview so that we can find out more about you and your career ambitions.
- We’ll then consider you for all future apprenticeship vacancies, and Match-You with the right opportunities. When we think you might be a good match, we’ll be in touch to see if you’re interested – so please check your emails regularly!
- We’ll work with you to identify the right employer to do your apprenticeship with and do our best to Match-You.
- We can offer an individualised programme of training to help you get where you want to be
- If you’re unsure about what you’re looking to do, we can explore and talk about some of the other training programmes we offer if they’re of interest.
Q&AHow old do you need to be?
If you’re aged 16 and above, you can become an apprentice.
Apprenticeships have changed a huge amount over this last decade or so and there are so many opportunities for people of all ages. They’re no longer just for school leavers, so don’t be put off if you’re a mature candidate.
You may have gone to university and decided it’s not for you, or you may be a mature worker who’s ready for a change; apprenticeships certainly aren’t just for people aged between 19 and 23!
Instead, they’re an ideal way for you to continue learning throughout your life as you can now progress all the way up to degree level apprenticeships.How can I progress afterwards?
Once you’ve finished your apprenticeship, you’ll be a much better position to progress in your career. With a qualification under your belt, you can use this experience to work your way up the career ladder and achieve your ambitions. You may even decide to progress to embark on a degree-level apprenticeship and continue your learning.
You’ll also be pleased to know that many apprentices receive a pay rise after completing their apprenticeship.How do I apply for an apprenticeship?
Applying for an apprenticeship is like applying for any other job – and the YH Training team is here to help. With around 11 applications for every apprenticeship, it’s important that you do all you can to stand out and the online application is the first place to start.Do I need to have a job to be an apprentice?
If you’re not in employment and want to be an apprentice, our team will help you to find the right opportunity with our Match-You service.Does someone need to have a job to be an apprentice?
If they’re not in employment and want to be an apprentice, our team will help them to find the right opportunity with our Match-You service.Read More Q&A
What learners say
"I’ve progressed so much since starting my apprenticeship last year after Sixth Form. I work with employers and learners at YH Training Services and it’s such a rewarding job…I love everything that I do as a part of it! I’m now working towards my advanced apprenticeship and when I’ve completed that I’d really like to become Business Development Advisor for the Hull learning centre and continue to work alongside the amazing team that have helped me to grow so much."Read More