An apprenticeship helps you gain all the skills you need to succeed in your career and gives you real insight and experience into your industry and job role. What’s more you get paid and you gain a nationally recognised apprenticeship to add to your CV.
*Existing staff who begin an apprenticeship will obviously retain their current salary, terms and conditions.
The key benefits:
- You gain valuable workplace skills and experience.
- You work in a real job for a real employer.
- You are paid a salary and have a contract of employment*
- You achieve an apprenticeship recognised by employers.
- You get support from your colleagues and training organisation.
- It’s a career pathway that helps you achieve your goals.
- It’s something for your CV to show skills, achievements and work experience.
Once you’ve finished your apprenticeship, you’ll be a much better position to progress in your career and your skills and experience can help you to work your way up the career ladder and achieve your ambitions. You may even decide to progress to embark on a degree-level apprenticeship and continue your learning.
You’ll also be pleased to know that many apprentices receive a pay rise after completing their apprenticeship!
If you need some help producing your CV and applying for an apprenticeship, please get in touch with your your local YH centre.
Q&AI’m already in a job, can I do an apprenticeship?
If you’re already in employment and your employer agrees, we can offer an apprenticeship specific to the role you’re performing.How old do you need to be?
If you’re aged 16 and above, you can become an apprentice.
Apprenticeships have changed a huge amount over this last decade or so and there are so many opportunities for people of all ages. They’re no longer just for school leavers, so don’t be put off if you’re a mature candidate.
You may have gone to university and decided it’s not for you, or you may be a mature worker who’s ready for a change; apprenticeships certainly aren’t just for people aged between 19 and 23!
Instead, they’re an ideal way for you to continue learning throughout your life as you can now progress all the way up to degree level apprenticeships.How do I apply for an apprenticeship?
Applying for an apprenticeship is like applying for any other job – and the YH Training team is here to help. With around 11 applications for every apprenticeship, it’s important that you do all you can to stand out and the online application is the first place to start.Are there different levels of apprenticeship?
There are different levels of apprenticeships:
- Intermediate apprenticeship (Level 2) - apprentices gain the equivalent of five GCSEs at grades A-C.
- Advanced apprenticeship (Level 3) - apprentices gain the equivalent of two A-Levels.
- Higher apprentices (Level 4-5) – apprentices gain the equivalent of a qualification such as a Foundation Degree.
- Degree apprenticeship (Levels 6-7) – apprentices gain a degree-level qualification, helping to build the high-level technical skills needed for the jobs of the future.
An apprenticeship can help you gain all the skills you need to succeed in your career and offers real insight and experience into your chosen industry and job role. What’s more, you get paid and gain a nationally recognised apprenticeship to add to your CV. There are apprenticeships for over 170 industries and 1500 job roles, so there are plenty of opportunities for you to consider.Read More Q&A
What learners say
"When I left college I was unsure of what I wanted to do and I didn't want to go to University for the sake of going, so instead of applying for University I decide to apply for apprenticeships and I'm happy with that decision."Read More
Apprenticeships we deliver....
- Business Administration
- Customer Service
- Performing Manufacturing Operations
- Team Leading and Supervisor