There are 1500 job roles covered by an apprenticeship so, whatever your business, there will be an agreed apprenticeship programme which lays out the knowledge and skills required. Working with YH Training Services, together we can develop an apprenticeship programme which meets the specific needs of your company.
How can apprenticeships benefit my business?
Apprenticeships help people gain meaningful experience in the workplace, and, in return, employers gain an enthusiastic, engaged and qualified workforce.
Apprentices can help tackle skill gaps, injecting new talent and fresh ideas into your business to support its future growth and success. Many apprentices become highly qualified and can be a real asset to your company, enhancing your talent pool.
Apprenticeships offer a great mix of on-the-job training and academic-based learning to ensure candidates have the skills and experience that are right for your business.
Whether you’re looking to recruit new talent or boost the skills of your existing employees, apprenticeships might be just the solution you’re looking for.
Q&AWhat about funding?
Looking for some financial support to allow you to take on an apprentice?
If you are under the threshold for the apprenticeship levy, you can apply for funding to cover the costs of an apprentice’s qualification and the amount you can get varies depending on their age.
We can talk to you in more detail about financial support and the changes to how apprenticeships are funded. Please give us a call or drop into one of our learning centres.How long does it take to complete an apprenticeship?
How long an apprenticeship takes to complete depends on the level of the apprenticeship, the ability of the apprentice and the industry sector. An intermediate Level 2 apprenticeship usually takes 12 to 18 months to complete, whereas an advanced Level 3 takes around 24 months.
Most intermediate apprenticeships (Level 2) take between 12-18 months to complete. Advanced apprenticeships (Level 3) usually take between 18-24 months and higher apprenticeships can take 2-4 years to complete.Are there different levels of apprenticeship?
There are different levels of apprenticeship:
- Intermediate apprenticeship Level 2 - apprentices gain the equivalent of five GCSEs at grades A-C
- Advanced apprenticeship Level 3 - apprentices gain the equivalent of two A-Levels.
- Higher apprentices Level 4-5 – apprentices gain the equivalent of a qualification such as a Foundation Degree.
- Degree-level apprenticeship Levels 6-7 – apprentices gain a degree-level qualification, helping to build
- the high-level technical skills needed for the jobs of the future
In short, apprenticeships are work-based training programmes that are used to develop new and existing employees – whether they’re in first-time positions or existing roles.
Apprenticeships are available to companies of all sizes and in all sectors. There are 1500 job roles covered by an apprenticeship so, whatever your business, there will be an agreed apprenticeship programme which lays out the knowledge and skills required.
Working with YH Training, you can develop an apprenticeship programme which meets the specific needs of your company.What are my responsibilities?
As an employer, you’ll need to:
- Employ an apprentice for a minimum of 30 hours a week.
- Pay at least the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for apprentices (for those under 19 or in their first year of an apprenticeship). The NMW rate that applies to the age of the apprentice applies thereafter.
- Induct the apprentice and support their on-the-job learning.
- Be involved in reviewing progress with the training provider.
Apprentices are entitled to the same benefits as everyone else in the workplace, such as sick pay entitlement, at least 20 days paid holiday a year, pension and statutory maternity/paternity leave.Read More Q&A
Apprenticeships we deliver....
- Business Administration
- Customer Service
- Healthcare Support Services
- Performing Manufacturing Operations
- Team Leading and Supervisor
- Warehousing and Storage