There are 1500 job roles covered by an apprenticeship so, whatever your business, there will be an agreed apprenticeship programme which lays out the knowledge and skills required. Working with YH Training Services, together we can develop an apprenticeship programme which meets the specific needs of your company.
How can apprenticeships benefit my business?
Apprenticeships help people gain meaningful experience in the workplace, and, in return, employers gain an enthusiastic, engaged and qualified workforce.
Apprentices can help tackle skill gaps, injecting new talent and fresh ideas into your business to support its future growth and success. Many apprentices become highly qualified and can be a real asset to your company, enhancing your talent pool.
Apprenticeships offer a great mix of on-the-job training and academic-based learning to ensure candidates have the skills and experience that are right for your business.
Whether you’re looking to recruit new talent or boost the skills of your existing employees, apprenticeships might be just the solution you’re looking for.
Q&AWhat are my responsibilities?
As an employer, you’ll need to:
- Employ an apprentice for a minimum of 30 hours a week.
- Pay at least the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for apprentices (for those under 19 or in their first year of an apprenticeship). The NMW rate that applies to the age of the apprentice applies thereafter.
- Induct the apprentice and support their on-the-job learning.
- Be involved in reviewing progress with the training provider.
Apprentices are entitled to the same benefits as everyone else in the workplace, such as sick pay entitlement, at least 20 days paid holiday a year, pension and statutory maternity/paternity leave.How do I recruit an apprentice?
By now you’re probably wondering how you go about recruiting an apprentice.
YH Training can sit down with you to discuss your options and the necessary next steps. We’ll help you decide what types of apprenticeship would work for your business and develop training to suit your needs.
We will then be able to assist you in recruiting a suitable apprentice.
Not only are apprenticeships are suitable for new recruits, but they can also be used to up-skill existing staff.What are apprenticeships?
In short, apprenticeships are work-based training programmes that are used to develop new and existing employees – whether they’re in first-time positions or existing roles.
Apprenticeships are available to companies of all sizes and in all sectors. There are 1500 job roles covered by an apprenticeship so, whatever your business, there will be an agreed apprenticeship programme which lays out the knowledge and skills required.
Working with YH Training, you can develop an apprenticeship programme which meets the specific needs of your company.What about funding?
Looking for some financial support to allow you to take on an apprentice?
If you are under the threshold for the apprenticeship levy, you can apply for funding to cover the costs of an apprentice’s qualification and the amount you can get varies depending on their age.
We can talk to you in more detail about financial support and the changes to how apprenticeships are funded. Please give us a call or drop into one of our learning centres.Are there different levels of apprenticeship?
There are different levels of apprenticeship:
- Intermediate apprenticeship Level 2 - apprentices gain the equivalent of five GCSEs at grades A-C
- Advanced apprenticeship Level 3 - apprentices gain the equivalent of two A-Levels.
- Higher apprentices Level 4-5 – apprentices gain the equivalent of a qualification such as a Foundation Degree.
- Degree-level apprenticeship Levels 6-7 – apprentices gain a degree-level qualification, helping to build
- the high-level technical skills needed for the jobs of the future
Apprenticeships we deliver....
- Business Administration
- Customer Service
- Healthcare Support Services
- Performing Manufacturing Operations
- Team Leading and Supervisor