We offer a free recruitment service for employers looking to recruit an apprentice to make recruiting an apprentice an easy option. A dedicated consultant is your partner throughout the process and the will:
- Meet with you to discuss the vacancy you want to advertise, see what the role involves and identify a suitable apprenticeship framework.
- Create a job description so you’re clear on the duties you’ll be looking for an apprentice to carry out and what skills and training they ideally require.
- Write a job advert and promote your vacancy on the National Apprenticeship Service website, using our own website and social media channels and other carefully selected marketing channels.
- Search our database of people that we’re currently working with or have expressed an interest in doing an apprenticeship, to identify if any match your criteria
- Pre-interview suitable candidates who apply and submit suitable candidate CVs to you.
- Arrange your interviews with the candidates that make your short-list and follow up with you once the interviews have taken place.
Once you’ve recruited your apprentice, your dedicated trainer will meet with you to tailor and kick-start the apprenticeship training programme. The training we offer gives apprentices the skills and experience relevant to their career choice with you. It also covers skills such as teamwork, communication and problem solving.
Q&AHow can an apprenticeship benefit my business?
Did you know, more and more employers are discovering the benefits of employing apprentices?
You might be one of the many companies out there to discover that embracing apprenticeships could be one of the best things you do.
Apprentices can help tackle skill gaps, injecting new talent and fresh ideas into your business to support its future growth and success.
Many apprentices become highly qualified and can go on to rise through the ranks to management level. They can be a real asset to your company. Apprenticeships offer a great mix of on-the-job training and academic-based learning to ensure candidates have the skills and experience that are right for your business.
What’s more, an apprentice doesn’t have to be newly recruited because apprenticeships are also a fantastic way to develop and up-skill existing members of staff.What about funding?
Looking for some financial support to allow you to take on an apprentice?
If you are under the threshold for the apprenticeship levy, you can apply for funding to cover the costs of an apprentice’s qualification and the amount you can get varies depending on their age.
We can talk to you in more detail about financial support and the changes to how apprenticeships are funded. Please give us a call or drop into one of our learning centres.What are apprenticeships?
In short, apprenticeships are work-based training programmes that are used to develop new and existing employees – whether they’re in first-time positions or existing roles.
Apprenticeships are available to companies of all sizes and in all sectors. There are 1500 job roles covered by an apprenticeship so, whatever your business, there will be an agreed apprenticeship programme which lays out the knowledge and skills required.
Working with YH Training, you can develop an apprenticeship programme which meets the specific needs of your company.Are there different levels of apprenticeship?
There are different levels of apprenticeship:
- Intermediate apprenticeship Level 2 - apprentices gain the equivalent of five GCSEs at grades A-C
- Advanced apprenticeship Level 3 - apprentices gain the equivalent of two A-Levels.
- Higher apprentices Level 4-5 – apprentices gain the equivalent of a qualification such as a Foundation Degree.
- Degree-level apprenticeship Levels 6-7 – apprentices gain a degree-level qualification, helping to build
- the high-level technical skills needed for the jobs of the future
Yes! In 2014, the Government published the first new apprenticeship standards, which are replacing apprenticeship frameworks. These have been designed by employers for employers and they ensure that apprenticeships are even better placed to boost businesses’ success.
There are also changes to funding that are currently being introduced, including the new apprenticeship levy.
We can talk you through the changes so that you can understand how they apply to your business.Read More Q&A