With COVID-19 developing in so many countries around the world, our commitment is to adhere to W.H.O advice, and the protocols advised by authorities.
Our learning centres will be continuing to stay closed until further advice from the government is released advising schools and learning centres can reopen.
How serious is the coronavirus?
- It can cause flu-lik symptoms, including fever, cough and difficulty breathing
- The infection is not serious fr most people, including children
- There is currently no vaccine
- Most people get better with rest and plenty of fluids and painkillers
How likely are you to catch the virus?
- You can only catch it if you have been close to a person who has the virus
- The chance of being in contact with the virus is currently low in the UK
- If you have travelled to areas where many people are infected, your chance of catching the virus is higher, i.e. china and any affected areas.
How to stop it spreading?
If you need to cough or sneeze:
- Catch it with a tissue
- Bin it
- Kill it by washing your hands with soap and water or hand sanitiser
When should you wash your hands?
- After breaks and sport activites
- Before cooking and eating
- On arrival at any childcare or educational setting
- after using the toilet
- Before leaving home
What to do if you feel unwell?
Keep away from others and stay at home to stop the infection spreading. Avoid public transport if you think you have symptoms of coronavirus. If you become unwell at a place of education, tell a member of staff and let them know if you have travelled to any other countries in the last 14 days.
We would like to ask all learners attending centres and where tutors may be visiting to ensure personal hygiene is kept to a high standard and to inform us if you do feel unwell prior to attending.
For further information on the Coronavirus please visit – https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Posted in Uncategorized 13/03/2020