Transfers are being introduced to give levy-paying employers more flexibility in how they spend their apprenticeship service funds. They can be used to fund apprenticeships in another organisation. Funds will be transferred monthly for the duration of the apprenticeship. This means that levy-paying employers can work with another employer to help them take on apprentices, increasing the skills base in their supply chain, sector or local area. The choice is up to them.
- Funding rules – the 2017/18 apprenticeship funding rules now include the rules for making and receiving transfers
- Employer agreement – the employer agreement have been updated, which employers will need to sign if they want to make or receive a transfer. Employers can download and view this in advance, so that when they are ready, they can sign the agreement in their apprenticeship service account
- Support video – this video will help employers understand what they need to have in place to be able to register on the apprenticeship service
What’s coming up?
End of April
- Levy-paying employers will be able to see their transfers allowance in their apprenticeship service account.
- A new transfers estimator tool will help employers to plan the apprenticeships they could fund with a transfer.
- There’ll be more support videos online to help employers register on, and use, the apprenticeship service, including how to make and receive transfers.
- Employers that do not pay the levy will be able to register for an apprenticeship service account enabling them to receive a transfer.
- Levy-paying employers will be able to agree to fund apprenticeships in one other organisation through a transfer.
- Receiving employers will be able to start adding details of their apprenticeships to the service.
- The first payments will be paid for apprenticeship starts added in May. The apprenticeships will need to be approved by the sending employer before payments are made.
For further information on the Apprenticeship Levy and how we can help you with this get in touch with our teams on 0800 542 2848Posted in Apprentice recruitment, Apprenticeships, Funding 16/04/2018