Looking to take on new staff members?
Apprenticeships can help businesses across all sectors by offering a route to harness fresh new talent. UK businesses consider skills shortages and recruitment difficulties a bigger threat to performance than soaring oil prices and declining consumer spending, and more than a quarter of these rate this form of vocational training higher than any other qualification.
If you have a role to fill an Apprentice could provide the effective solution. The combination of training and hands-on experience that comes with an Apprenticeship is an ideal way of ensuring you get someone who will have the necessary skills to do the job.
The carefully balanced training we provide gives learners not only a qualification in their career with you but also covers key basic skills such as teamwork, communication and problem solving that are so valued by employers.
Benefits of recruiting an Apprentice
Apprentices tend to be eager, motivated, flexible and loyal to the company that invested in them. Remember, an Apprentice is with you because they want to be – they have made an active choice to learn on the job and a commitment to a specific careers.
Employing an Apprentice can be more cost effective than hiring skilled staff, leading to lower overall training and recruitment costs.
Apprentices strive to achieve a high level of competency by learning and practicing new skills, which in turn, can help to boost the performance of your company.
Apprenticeships allow for the development of a flexible workforce.
The cost of training an Apprentice aged 16 – 18 is fully funded (however if you employ an Apprentice aged 19+ an employer contribution is required.
By employing an Apprentice you’re providing a way for young people to become your workforce of the future.
Take advantage of our FREE Search, Select and Match service
Take advantage of the free service we currently offer employers who are looking to recruit an Apprentice.
From our initial conversation with you, through to you employing your chosen Apprentice, you determine how little or how much involvement you would like us to be in the process.
Our full Search, Select and Match service provides you with the services of a dedicated Business Development Advisor who will:-
- Discuss the vacancy you are looking to advertise, see what the role involves and look to see which Apprenticeship qualification would be the most suitable
- Work with you to create the job profile which will include the person specification; skills and qualifications you require together with the duties you will be looking for them to undertake
- Advertise your vacancy on the National Apprenticeship Service website, together with the YH website and other carefully selected sites and other forms of marketing the vacancy
- Search our database of young people we are currently working with to see if any match your criteria
- Pre – interview suitable candidates
- Submit suitable candidate CV’s to you
- Arrange your interviews with your selected candidates on your behalf
- Follow up with you once the interviews have taken place
After you have recruited your Apprentice, we will then make arrangements for our trainer to attend to meet with you to tailor the qualification to the specific needs of the business and the role the Apprentice will be undertaking.
So if you use this service, it will really drive down your recruitment and training costs.