This vacancy is to work within “Lucy’s Coffee Shop” within the garden centre. No previous experience is required as full training will be given. However, the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate they have a genuine interest in working within this type of environment.
Duties to include:-
- Meeting & greeting customers
- Actively respond to serving & taking customer orders from the menu
- Preparing hot & cold drinks
- Preparing/Serving desserts
- Pot washing
- Waiting on tables
- Dealing with cash & operating a till
- Assisting the chef/cook
- Replenishing & monitoring stock levels
- General housekeeping
- Plus any other related duties
Requirements and prospects
Although no previous experience is required, the successful applicant must possess a minimum of the following standards & skills and/or look to develop these:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Sound work ethic
- Excellent customer service
- Strong team player
- Sound communication skills
- Ability to follow specific instructions
- Good positive, friendly attitude
- Organised & focused approach
- Pleasant & confident demeanour
Although not essential, previous experience of working within a similar environment would certainly be an advantage. This role would be ideal for those with a natural & genuine flair for cooking/baking, from a catering background, or someone who just enjoys working with food.
Please Note – This is a front of house role & therefore a clean, smart, well-groomed appearance is essential.
- An enthusiastic & friendly approach to work
- Polite, well mannered & courteous
- Friendly, happy & outgoing
- Not afraid of demanding, hard work
- Reasonably confident
- Must be willing to listen & learn
Dress code: Black trousers/skirt (strictly no jeans), black flat, comfortable footwear: Long hair must be tied back: Strictly no nail polish & no visible tattoo’s or body piercings. A company t-shirt will be provided.
GCSE grades A*-C in Maths & English (or equivalent) are preferred.
Please be aware that as part of the apprenticeship, we will train you up to Functional Skills Level 2 if you do not already possess maths & English grades A*-C.
This opportunity may lead to a full time, permanent position.
Things to consider
Please Note – Whilst you will be allowed appropriate breaks, these must be taken at a convenient time. With this in mind, you must have a flexible approach to working hours. You may be on your feet for long periods of time & weather/working conditions may vary throughout the year. The work can, at times be very fast-paced and demanding. The successful applicant must be able to manage/cope with working in this type of environment.
- Staff uniform consists of a company t-shirt & will be provided
- Free hot & cold drinks will be provided
- Free car parking
- Company are committed to training & developing each member of staff to reach their full potential
- The employer will consider a wage review after 3 months – subject to satisfactory progression.
Please Note – this is a career development role which may lead to a full-time, permanent position with good promotional prospects for the right candidate.
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.30 per hour from the 1st October 2015. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Training to be provided
The successful candidate will undertake an Intermediate Level 2 Apprenticeship in Hospitality Services, together with Functional Skills and a Food Hygiene Technical Certificate.
YH TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
- Louise Clubley
- 01482 222142