Apprenticeship Grant for Employers of 16 – 24 year olds
(AGE 16-24) May 2015 (version 19)
(AGE 16 to 24) supports businesses that would not otherwise be in a position to do so, to recruit individuals aged 16 to 24 into employment through the apprenticeship programme.
The Grant has already helped thousands of employers to grow their business by employing an apprentice. The Grant is available for apprenticeship starts up to and including 31 December 2015, subject to eligibility and availability. Could it help you too?
To be eligible you must:-
- Confirm that you are not able to recruit an apprentice without the Grant
- Have fewer than 50 employees in the United Kingdom, as recorded by the Employer Data Service (EDS)
- Not have had an employee start an Apprenticeship in the 12- month period before the start date of the first Apprentice for whom you apply for the Grant.* If you are eligible, you can claim up to 5 Grants during the time the Grant is available. Please note you do not have to wait 12 months between the first and any subsequent applications
- Note that only one Grant will be paid per employer for any particular individual
- Commit to employ your Apprentice(s) for a minimum of 12 months on the apprenticeship programme or the time it takes them to complete their apprenticeship, whichever is the greater
- Confirm you are aware of and do not breach any State Aid rules by receiving the Grant
- Agree to pay the Apprentice in line with legal minimum requirements or more
How to Apply and How is it Paid?
We hold a direct Apprenticeship contract with the Skills Funding Agency (SFA), and, as an approved training provider, will submit the application on your behalf, and administer the Grant. Contact your nearest YH Training Centre or telephone 0800 542 2848.
Eligible employers qualify to receive payment of AGE 16 to 24, value £1,500, once a qualifying Apprentice has completed 13 weeks ‘in-learning’ on their Apprenticeship programme with us at YH, as defined by the Skills Funding Agency’s programme funding rules and recorded on the Individual Learning Record submitted by us.
The Skills Funding Agency will transfer AGE 16 to 24 funds to us, It may take up to nine weeks after the 13-week qualification point for the funds to be processed and transferred. We will make arrangements to pay the funds to you within 30 days of receipt from the SFA.
Payment is in the form of a grant and is therefore exempt from VAT.