Functional Skills Maths, Entry Level 1 up to Level 2
Functional Skills provide people with all the necessary tools and abilities to take an active role in their community, everyday life, education and the workplace. The importance of maths in daily life is beyond question. Almost every job requires the ability use English confidently. However there is continuing concern about numeracy amongst adults and young people, both in terms of the impact their own life chances and the productivity of the UK economy.
The aims of these qualifications are to:
1. Provide people with the underpinning knowledge to achieve mastery of Functional Skills in all the subject area of maths.
2. Allow people to then transfer these skills and apply them appropriately in a variety of real-life situations. This is what makes them functional.
- Entry Level 3 is where the level of skills required to the problems will be straightforward with tutor guidance and support available.
- Level 1 is where the skills required are more precise and require a greater level of judgement to find an appropriate solution, guidance is provided but learners should be able to find problem solving solutions independently.
- Level 2 is where choices must be made independently and evaluated but guidance can be provided.
A Level 2 is equivalent to GCSE grades A-C
65% of employers see a pressing need to raise the standards of numeracy skills within their workforce (CBI Skills Survey)
These qualifications have been developed for the widest range of learners possible at all ages and in any role within a business. They are available to ANYONE who has not achieved GCSE A*-C grades or equivalent in Maths and is FREE of charge.
By undertaking and achieving Functional Skills maths, employees will have increased confidence and motivation, and the skills they gain will be valuable in the workplace and allow for increased productivity.