Manufacturing PMO Level 2
This Level 2 (Intermediate) Apprenticeship focuses on operating effectively in a manufacturing environment. Typical job roles include assembly operations of electrical and electronic products, vehicles, aerospace, marine, metal goods and production of moulded products. Other roles include receiving and checking raw materials and sub-assemblies, inspection, test and quality control.
The PMO qualification has been developed to provide the required knowledge, understanding and skills, in the manufacturing sector to ensure staff are working to the correct systems and procedures and working to all quality control procedures. Operators who work in the process operations within a business, whether in a new or newly promoted to the role will benefit. It enables them to understand the major aspects of the job from initial preparation of the job right through to concluding the operations and quality checking.
The PMO qualification will benefit both businesses and employees by enabling them to meet many objectives; listed below are just a few examples:
- Working safely to ensure safe start up, running and shut down of machinery and equipment and knowing what to do in an emergency.
- Working to all safe systems and procedures in the workplace.
- Working together in a team to overcome production problems.
- Identify problems and come up with solutions in a step by step way and implement recommendations in a cost effective manner.
- Carry out quality checks and identify where quality problems exist.
- Quality checking the receipt of incoming materials.
This is just a very small example of the outcomes which can improve the skills of the employees and the profitability of the business.
When you sit down with our trainer and discuss your requirements in more detail, they will be able to give you a better understanding of the outcomes that can be delivered.
On completion of your qualification your trainer will discuss any opportunities for progression onto further qualifications