IT available at Levels 2 and 3
The IT qualification at Level 2 (Intermediate) is designed to cater for the wide range and diversity of job roles where competence in IT is vital.
Whether a person is new to the role or have recently been promoted, they can benefit from the flexibility of the qualification which allows a variety of options to match individual job roles.
We deliver two versions, IT User for the user i.e. Administrator role and an IT Professional for the Support/Technical role – both these qualifications can allow you to gain Microsoft qualifications – Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) or Microsoft Technology Associate ( MTA )
This qualification is designed for people working with IT systems and software. The wide range of optional units which can be studied are tailored to match individual business and job role requirements. Some of the job roles this would be suitable for are:-
- Providing support and assistance to colleagues to make effective use of available IT systems and software.
- Developing, testing and implementing solutions to improve workplace productivity through the use of IT.
- Using the advanced features of IT Application Software in the creation and amendment of many types of formatted information including documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Create and maintaining websites, using the internet to find and exchange information and using social media to disseminate information.
- Networking knowledge including OSI 7 layer model and TCP/IP model
The IT Qualification will benefit individuals and businesses by enabling them to meet many objectives. Listed below are just a few examples:
- The maintenance of your IT system and the setting up of a system from taking out of the box to using it
- The IT user qualification can allow you to gain the MOS qualification
- The underpinning knowledge in Network principles
- Creation and amendment of many types of formatted information including documents, diagrams, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Maintaining websites, using the internet to find and exchange information and using social media to disseminate information.
- Entering and editing data using software such as Customer Relationship Management; Accounts; Payroll and Stock control systems and producing routine reports from the data held.
- Ability to use a software application designed
to create, modify and layout artwork and images for display in print or on a screen (e.g. painting, drawing, photo manipulation and desk top publishing).
- Maintaining networks and repair and upgrading of IT systems
- The IT Professional qualification allows you to gain the MTA Certificate
This is just a very small example of the outcomes. When you sit down with our trainer and discuss your requirements in more detail, they will be able to give you a better understanding of the outcomes that can be delivered.
On completion of the qualification, the trainer will discuss any opportunities for progression onto further qualifications such as Level 3 (Advanced) IT or Level 3 (Advanced) CISCO or the more advanced Microsoft qualifications.